Friday, February 19, 2010



Let the river of beauty flow
Let the trickles of water go
For I am a thirsty cactus in dire need
And am craving for water to do its deed

But prickly plant from the sand of gold
Beauty you don't need, for water you hold
They come from near and far, you quench their thirst
Even if you poke, you aren't the worst

But I still yearn for the springtime bloom
For the bride to hold me in front of her groom
To be placed in smooth, flowing hair
To dance in the wind with my colours bare

To feel the breeze rich with essence
To get stung by bees and learn my lessons
For that girl to pick me, from my spot
He loves me, he loves me not

And one by one, my petals would fall
My hopes, my fears, my dreams and all
Back to the river of beauty I'd flow
And to another thirsty cactus I'd go

Written By: Niloo Farahzadeh
Photo by: Niloo Farahzadeh

No comments:

Post a Comment