Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oh Land!

Mad, mad world
I curl up to your torso
Your breath on my head
My mind outside of you
Though my body's inside
Alive as a baby
Living as green grass
Mad, mad world
You shake me
You shape me
I run on your back
I lose what you give me
My salty tears fall on your cheek
My whispy hair brushes your knees
You feed
You keep
Me on my toes
Oh mad, mad world
You kill and you close
So I take and I break
Avenge and spill
I kill more than you could ever dream to kill
The scar on your lip
The slashes across your back
Crafted of my hands:
The resentful adolescent
Though you hold me and you cry with me
Your wounded hand still strokes my guilty cheek
Mad, mad world
Your warm waters swell around my feet
I leap, I stab, and you weep though you never sleep
I scream at your face, you whisper to me:
My daughter, my child, you are free and wild
I am your land, please treat me mild.
Oh land! Oh dear mother!
Oh mad, mad world!
Never wander from the truth, never forget
The love I hold for you will surpass any other.

Written by: Niloo Farahzadeh



No comments:

Post a Comment