Saturday, August 14, 2010

True Love Waits in Haunted Basements

It's all a tale
I don't invent the settings or places
But true love waits in haunted basements
Deeper by the chord
Deeper by the minute
Within the limits of linens, walls and manufactured reality
In sobriety between wild nights
What everyone's saying
Line by line
Twisted, inverted, transformed
Do you feel it inside you?
This spell casted upon you
I'm the one chanting it
And you read this, speechless of how we both feel as one
Words like movement
Fluidity of thoughts in brackets and semicolons
But I do not speak as a higher being
As a guideline, preacher or an idol
I am you
Just for a few minutes
Pretend, as we read
Like our tongues are touching
Intertwining our stories
As if we were paintings in a chapel
Connected somehow
But I am just a word lover
A manipulator in a basement
You, a midnight browser
Lost somehow and searching for direction
And after this line, we will be completely disconnected.

Written by ME! OF COURSE!

I wrote this last night and I think I love it. (I'm allowed to like my own things! It's a very healthy thing! YES I said healthy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment