Monday, June 21, 2010

Just The Thoughts In My Pocket


Maybe this lie was a bit too deep
Forming words in our mouths, like cattle and sheep
I saw the end from the beginning
I could tell it to you in my sleep
The only promises we make are the ones we can't keep

But tongues wagged; ears flopped
Ran like the sand under my feet
We mirrored the image of what we said we'd never be
And although life changes us all too easily
This pain is of the kind of which I would never want to repeat

So understand the harm that I don't mean
When I whipe these tall tales and our dirty slate clean
Dusting you off of all my hopes and dreams
For we've become monsters, not in our minds, but in our deeds

Because we're just tumbling through fabricated realities
So unless we want to lose our precious sleep
Read my lips and cut them deep
We should learn this friendship's defeat

Written by: Niloofar Farahzadeh
This was written a while ago.

2 comments: