Saturday, October 2, 2010

To Die Like Fire and Ice

You were made from the winter ice
Stinging my veins cold
You were made of ashes and smoke
Suffocating and old
Of the earth, of the sky
Like water you run, but so do I
We were made to exact model
To the diagram on the page
Like mathematical equations
You and I, to be the same way
But I am too much fire
Burning holes, deep with desire
Nothing to compare with Siberian snow
And to you, that takes glasses
That won't fog up from the warm
You were made for my bones
Boring but bending
And solid you run
Lungs full to the ending
I need that to move
You were made for my mending
We can be spring, we can be autumn
We have possibilities for the blending!
So without sending the circles
Into rotation and making big deals
Let's steal this morning that's ours;
This fall paradise or blossom season
The rain that falls for madness and reason
We are each other, as different as they come
Life makes opposites, but love makes one.

Written by: Niloo Farahzadeh




No comments:

Post a Comment