Thursday, July 21, 2011

I've been awake through times and lines
To reach through the dirt.
This hurt is what makes me fly again.
I try and I won't die 'till the end.
I'll chew what you give me,
Spit it out of my mouth,
Back to you, you who hate me
Who maimed me, who lamed me.
You who walked all over me smiling,
Laughed at me and slapped me.
It is you who thinks my skin won't win
That my heart won't beat
Until the end.
Though I believe and I'll create
Much more than you give me.
I can twist your lies
And create with them unfathomable meaning,
Beaming and gleaming.
Your hate won't become my fate.
I'll only stick it to the ceiling
To remind me
Of these trials and tribulations
That will always follow me,
'Till my heart stops beating,
'Till my soul is screaming.
No,
You can't stop me.

Written by: Niloo Farahzadeh

No comments:

Post a Comment