Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Forgotten Interval

I am leaves
Whispers the winds that say
Crunching over my mouth
My bones crushing
Though wind does stay
The darkness glowers
Growing colder and colder
Everyday
Like the bog that is buried
Beneath the grass that swayed
But seldom light creeps
Between the curtain in front of my eyes
The creatures that run about in my front yard
Are not lies
And though bringing to summer
A chilly and burdened demise
Save flowers and fruits for a different time
When the ground doesn't shake
From the bareness of cold
I am leaves
But the cover is old
Mould between my fingers
My hair seldom grows
The animals that tickle between my toes
All hungry and morose
The rain that shatters
Soggy in the creek that flows
I flow
Like to and fro
You step on me and forget me so
Remember a time when you remembered me
I am long as though winter seems
I am dead leaves
I am dead dreams

Written By: Niloo Farahzadeh

No comments:

Post a Comment