Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm still trying...

In all my lives, I've died in solemn, solemn lies.
They've trickled down my back and poisoned my feet.
I've stood under many trees that have suspended down this nectar,
I've dreamt of many ways to move my toes.
I have bled to everyone the silence that cracks my back;
The shrieking quiet that cuddles me like a teddy bear
That which sprinkles me with its sap,
That which soaks me to my knees.
And you, you who have been standing there,
Whispering sweet nothings to this tree;
This bane of my existence;
This runaway bride of all my life expectations.
I cradled you, I rocked you gently like the child that I never had, and this is how you repay me?
You mother of love and vengeance, you flower amongst weeds.
You have done this to me.
I am a wader in toxic water because of you;
I am a lover of all the things I cannot have,
As if I have nothing;
As if I am nothing.
Dying, slowly, solemnly, without love.
Desperate, in need of a voice, I believe the lies;
I die in lies.

Written By: Niloo Farahzadeh

No comments:

Post a Comment